Last revised May 4th, 2019
Download in PDF format
We may change this policy from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of the policy and, in some cases, we may provide additional notice (such as adding a statement to our webpage or sending a notification). For information about choices we offer in connection with any of our information practices, please see “Your Choices” below.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information you provide when you create an account, subscribe to our updates, respond to a survey, fill out a form, request customer support or communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your email address, username and password, survey responses and any other information you choose to provide.
If you use our Storage Services, our third-party service provider may collect your payment method information for use in connection with your payments for storage.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you use our Services, we automatically collect information from your devices. For example, we may collect:
- Log Information: We collect log information when you use our Services, including access times, pages viewed, IP address, and the web page that referred you to our website.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, your web browser, and device identifiers.
- Telemetry Information: If you use our Storage Services, we may collect bandwidth upload and download speeds, and other statistics about your device and network connection.
- Usage Information: If you use our Storage Services, we will collect metadata about the files you upload for storage.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies via Our Services: We and our service providers use various technologies to collect information when you interact with our websites and mobile apps, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files that are stored on your device when you visit a website, which enable us to collect information about your device identifiers, web browsers used to access the Services, pages or features viewed, time spent on pages, mobile app performance and links clicked. Web beacons (or pixel tags) are electronic images that may be used in our web Services or emails to help deliver cookies, count website visits, understand usage and determine the effectiveness of email marketing campaigns.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also receive information about you from other sources, such as when logging into your Storage Services account by using your account credentials for a separate third-party service. We will receive information from that service as indicated in the relevant third party’s authorization screen.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain, deliver and improve our Services;
- Develop new products and services;
- Send you technical notices and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about products, services, promotions, events and other news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Company and others;
- Link or combine information we collect from or about you; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
We may share information about you with others as follows:
- With service providers that perform work for us;
- When you use interactive areas of our Services, like our blog or other online forums, certain information you choose to share may be displayed publicly, such as your username, actions you take and any content you post;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Company or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Company and its current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership; or
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Social Sharing Features
Our Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your contacts or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Analytics Services Provided by Others
Company takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
You may update your Storage Services account information by logging into your account.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us at any time by following the instructions in those communications. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.